* product image indicative of product only, actual product may differ in appearance.
The dilute Russells viper venom clotting test using a low phospholipid concentration is a common screening test for LA. The LA sensitive (dRVT-LS) reagent contains a low phospholipid concentration whereas the LA resistant (dRVT-LR) reagent contains a higher phospholipid concentration. The LS/LR shows no false positive results on samples containing DOACs or plasma from warfarin patients. Our dRVT reagents are highly stable and have shown reliable results for LA testing in comparison to other suppliers (Comparative data from external evaluations are available on request). We guarantee a competitive price for our reagents.
Also available in bulk powders, please contact us for further information.
1. Pengo V, Tripodi A, Reber G et al. Update of the guidelines for lupus anticoagulant detection. J. Thromb Haemost 2009; 7; 1737-40.
2. Thiagarajan P, Pengo V, Shapiro SS. The use of the dilute Russells viper venom time for the diagnosis of lupus anticoagulants. Blood 1986; 68; 869-874.
3. Exner T, Papadopoulos G, Koutts J. Use of a simpliﬁed dilute Russells viper venom time conﬁrms heterogeneity among “lupus anticoagulants”. Blood Coag. Fibrinolysis.1990; 1; 259-266.
4. Rauch J, Tannenbaum M, Janoff AS. Distinguishing lupus anticoagulants from anti-factor antibodies using hexagonal phase II phospholipids. Thromb Haemostas. 1989; 62; 892-896.
5. Thorpe RS, Pook CE, Malhotra A. Phylogeography of the Russell’s viper (Daboia russelli) complex in relation to variations in the colour pattern and symptoms of envenomation. Herpet. J. 2007; 17; 209-218.
6. Testing for Lupus Anticoagulant. Approved guideline-1st edition. CLSI document H60. Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute, 2014.
7. Moore GW, Savidge GF. The dilution effect of equal volume mixing studies compromises conﬁrmation of inhibition by lupus anticoagulants even when mixture speciﬁc reference reagents are applied. Thromb Res. 2007;119; 369-376.
8. Favalaro E J, et. al. Lupus anticoagulant testing during anticoagulation, including direct oral anticoagulants. Res. Pract. Thromb. Haemost. 2022; 1-16
Use this form to send us a message. All fields are required.